Friday 20 June 2008

Scamp is back....with Boonen shock

Boonen Boonen Boonen! Where did you go wrong?
When it was the 16 year old girlfriend we were all OK with it! I mean..You are Belgian! And what kind of self respecting 28 year old man doesn't want a 16 year old?!
But Cocaine? Recreational drugs when you are an athlete in one of the, if not the most, testing sports in the world? Where you know you will be tested, for every race, and in the off season?
What happened to you?
I'm guessing the conclusion most have made is the Fame went to little Tom's head. Not everyone can be the Belgian-Beckham you know! I'm not sure why anyone would want to be, to be frank. But the point is, he got famous. And cyclist's don't often become famous outside their field. I still reel in horror when something is said and one of my friends says "..Armstrong? He's the biker guy, yeah?" So I hold my tounge and try not to throttle them. Anyway. Quickstep aren't sacking him, as he is sexy and his contract ends soon anyway.
So um......Boonen for Astana anyone?

In other news:
I heard Zabriskie won't be in the tour but can't find confirmation of this....

No comments: